This American Flamingo, Audubon Flamingo Print by John James Audubon is a giclee reproduction print from Audubon's Birds of America which was originally published in 1827. This scientific illustration features profile views of the bill, upper and lower mandibles, the tongue, and feet. The scientific name of this species is Phoenicpoterus Ruber, Old Male.
THE BACK STORY:
On the 7th of May, 1832, while sailing from Indian Key, one of the numerous islets that skirt the south-eastern coast of the Peninsula of Florida, I for the first time saw a flock of Flamingoes. It was on the afternoon of one of those sultry days which, in that portion of the country, exhibit towards evening the most glorious effulgence that can be conceived.
The sun, now far advanced toward the horizon, still shone with full splendour, the ocean around glittered in its quiet beauty, and the light fleecy clouds that here and there spotted the heavens, seemed flakes of snow margined with gold. Our bark was propelled almost as if by magic, for scarcely was a ripple raised by her bows as we moved in silence.
Far away to seaward we spied a flock of Flamingoes advancing in "Indian line," with well-spread wings, outstretched necks, and long legs directed backwards. Ah! reader, could you but know the emotions that then agitated my breast! I thought I had now reached the height of all my expectations, for my voyage to the Floridas was undertaken in a great measure for the purpose of studying these lovely birds in their own beautiful islands.
ABOUT THE MAKER:
John James Audubon (born Jean Rabin; April 26, 1785 – January 27, 1851) was an American ornithologist, naturalist, and painter. He was notable for his extensive studies documenting all types of American birds and for his detailed illustrations that depicted the birds in their natural habitats. His major work, a color-plate book entitled The Birds of America (1827–1839), is considered one of the finest ornithological works ever completed. Audubon identified 25 new species.
This vintage art print is one of many by Audubon and makes an excellent choice for your home or office, or, as a gift for any fans of ornithology, or antique scientific illustrations. We offer this print as a fine art giclee reproduction print in many different sizes on fine art paper (matte or glossy) or as a professionally gallery wrapped canvas print.
WITH OR WITHOUT PAGE TITLES:
We can provide your print with or without the original page title you see around the perimeter of the image, it's your personal preference, just let me know when you place your order in the "Notes To Seller". Our default is to create your print WITH the page title information, so, if you DON'T want it included in your print, please tell me that when placing your order.
OUR GICLEE PRINTS:
Your American Flamingo, Audubon Flamingo Print giclee print will be created using archival, fade-resistant, pigment inks, heavyweight, museum-quality paper and a 9-color process fine-art printer to ensure the most vivid, detailed and long-lasting print. To prevent fading, as with all prints, please never expose them to direct sunlight. To protect your investment, we recommend that you mat and frame your prints.
There is no mat or frame included with this print.
This giclee print is offered in the most popular sizes to make matting and framing a breeze with your local retailer. The print you will receive will measure exactly the dimensions you ordered. It is designed in such a manner that all of the main image will fit well within the standard mat that comes with frames that you can purchase at many retail stores.
All of our prints are carefully positioned with an approximate 1/8" inch white border on all sides for matting and framing adjustments, although this may vary slightly based on the size of print you order and the size of the original image. If you would like a different size border, or need to know the exact border size, or a borderless print, just let me know in the "Notes To Seller" when you place your order.
Although we don't currently offer mats or frames, we do offer the following PICTURE FRAME SIZING guidelines on how best to display your prints.
MATTING & FRAMING TIPS:
Select the PRINT SIZE for your needs, then add the mat dimensions to the print size to determine what your final frame size should be. When you plan to mat a print, the rule of thumb is to order your PRINT SIZE one size smaller than your frame size--this allows for the addition of the mat of your choosing. For a statement wall, bigger is better, both with the print size, and the frame size.
TYPICAL FRAME SIZES AVAILABLE AT RETAIL STORES:
The 5" x 7" FRAME size is a very popular size because they are the perfect size to display on a desktop at work, home, or, make an excellent gift choice
8" x 10" FRAMES are top sellers | Many 8" x 10" frames come with a mat for a 5" x 7" image, allowing you to highlight your PRINT.
11" x 14" FRAMES often include a mat for an 8" x 10" PRINT | this size makes a real statement hanging in that perfect spot in your home or office.
16" x 20" FRAMES typically include a mat for an 11" x 14" PRINT |This will usually provide just over 2" of matting on each side of your image. This is a great size picture frame because you can make it a highlight piece on your wall, or part of a mixture with other frames to form a collage.
I ship worldwide in two business days after receiving your payment. We print your order on day 1, and let it cure for 24 hours, and we ship it on day two. Your prints are protected with Glassine wrapping and shipped in a rigid "Do Not Bend" mailer to ensure it arrives in the same condition as when it was shipped, and for larger sizes, we ship in a sturdy cardboard tube. Your print will arrive safely, or I will replace it.
Additionally, I will ship ANY number of prints in one package and you only pay ONE shipping fee!
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE | REVIEWS FROM RECENT CUSTOMERS:
"Great care and detail was taken to get this delivered in perfect condition. Seller is very professional. Thank you!"
"Fast shipping and very nice picture beautiful duplex! Thank you for your quick note accompanying the shipment."
"Five stars for a great etsy shop and owner! Reliable, fast, quality service!”
“Steve is a professional in his field. Beautiful work, excellent customer service! Thank you!”
I promise to refund 100% of your money if you are not completely delighted with your purchase, for ANY reason, however, we do expect you to pay for shipping.
GET FREE ART PRINTS: Become an ELITE customer of ThePreciousPast today and get a FREE art print, substantial discounts on our Print of The Week, and savings unknown to anyone else. It's FREE, sign up today at http://www.affordableartprints.net/free-welcome-kit
Please feel free to convo me with any questions you may have about this American Flamingo, Audubon Flamingo Print giclee print.
See All Of Our Vintage Giclee Art Print Reproductions Here:
Travel back to my shop here:
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Steven Bunce, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at email@example.com
Alternately, you may write to me at:
Steven Bunce, 5835 Dewey Street, Cheverly, MD 20785.
Most of our items can be produced as either a fine art giclee print on your choice of fine art papers, photo papers, or canvas. We also offer custom gallery wrapped canvas on many of our items. All of our products can be finished with either a matte, satin, or gloss finish.
Need a customized or personalized order? Just let me know what you're thinking and we'll get back to you quickly with our ideas.
We can even take YOUR image(s) and produce prints or a gallery wrapped canvas for you, as long as you own the copyright to the image(s), or have permission for us to print them. Just send me a quick convo and I will get back to you promptly.
Purchasing a gift? Just let me know and we'll be happy to include a complimentary handwritten gift card from YOU to your recipient. Be sure to let me know in "Notes To Seller" when you place your order. Additionally, we will not show any pricing to your recipient.
Whether you need one 8" x 10" print, or 350 wedding invitations, our studio is well equipped to handle your small run giclee printing needs with our state of the art equipment and techniques.
We print greeting cards, invitations of all types, fine art prints, and gallery wrapped canvas art prints using only the finest archival materials and processes.
Please note that we respect all copyright laws and best practices, and will only print your images or designs if you own the copyright to them, or have permission to have them printed by us.
Our pricing is very competitive and we guarantee our work 100%. Just send me a quick convo with your thoughts and we'll get back to you quickly.
We use the United States Postal Service (USPS) for all of our shipping. If you would like to use a different carrier, please let me know that when you place your order, and I will do my best to accomodate your needs.